The Hurunui has a lot to offer, many decide to extend their stay!
Things to See and Do
After spending your day getting around all the sites and activities, you will be glad to return to our peaceful retreat for a well-earned dip in our relaxing spa.
Here are some of the local attractions of the area:
- Weka Pass railway – travel through the magnificent Weka Pass
- Award winning Waipara Valley wineries. Enjoy tastings and lunches on your own trek, or book in for a personal wine tour
- Peagasus Bay and Amberley golf courses
- Local beaches
- Horse riding
- Waipara Valley farmers market
- Opportunity to visit large scale sheep and beef farm, book one of our farm tours
- Hamner Springs is just a one hour drive away. A beautiful place to visit offering thermal hot pools, skiing, forest walks, restaurants and cafes, family activities, golf and more
- See the whales and dolphins at Kaikoura
The following links may help you to plan your holiday
- The Hurunui website has a heap of great information to help you quickly find the things that really interest you.
- The official tourism and visitor website for Christchurch and Canterbury ~ www.christchurchnz.net
- Official New Zealand website ~ www.newzealand.com
If you have any questions about local attractions or planning your trip. Please feel free to contact us.